The smell when this granola is cooking is absolutely out of this world!
My favourite breakfast is strawberries, bananas & blueberries topped with goat's milk yoghurt and my homemade paleo (slightly overcooked, ha!) granola. YUM. The smell when the granola is cooking is out of this world!
|250g Flaked Almonds|
|2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes/desiccated coconut|
|1 cup sunflower seeds|
|1 cup pumpkin seeds|
|2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|3 tbsp honey|
|1 tbsp vanilla extract|
|2 tbsp chia seeds The Chia Co-Chia Seeds Shots 10x8g pack|
|30g virgin coconut oil Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil 500ml|
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Line a large ovenproof tray (or 2) with baking paper
2. Mix nuts and seeds in a big bowl. Add cinnamon and mix well
3. Melt coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract over a gentle heat in a pan
4. Pour this mixture over the nuts and seeds and mix well
5. Pour on to baking sheet and spread evenly
6. Bake for 20-30 mins until golden, stirring occasionally (watch carefully as it can easily burn)
7. Allow to cool, then mix in some dried fruit is wanted. Place in an airtight container
This will keep for up to 2 weeks. Once you've got the basic recipe nailed you can start to experiment with different amounts of nut & seeds, add dried fruit at the end etc… the possibilities are endless!
Can be eaten as breakfast with milk/yoghurt, or dry as a snack.