A great paleo lunch idea, paleo-friendly and gluten-free sandwich alternatives.
As the days get colder I start to look for warmer breakfast and paleo lunch ideas – this is one of my favourites!
These are ham/spinach and parma ham/tomato egg muffins, adapted from a recipe on healthycrush.com
I'd been looking for some paleo-friendly and gluten-free sandwich alternatives and breakfast options for the kids, these are an absolute hit – most of them didn't even make it off the counter as you can see below!
|6 medium or 5 large organic eggs|
|Salt and pepper|
|2 slices ham|
|6 cherry tomatoes|
|2 slices parma ham (dry bake in oven for 10 minutes if you prefer it crispy)|
|Large handful of spinach (pour kettle of boiling water over spinach in a colander to blanch and squeeze to get rid of water)|
|Olive oil or coconut oil, to grease muffin tin|
Preheat oven to 190c (170c fan)
1. Whisk eggs and seperate into 2 bowls
2. Add salt and pepper (less salt in the one with parma ham)
3. Chop fillings and add ham & tomato to one bowl, parma ham & blanched spinach to other bowl and stir together
4. Grease tin and spoon in mixture – leave 1cm at the top of each hole as the muffins will rise!
5. Cook for 20-25 mins until golden brown and cooked through
6. Cool on rack for 5 mins then carefully remove from tin and devour
Best served warm. Will keep for 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
Perfect for picnics, lunch and breakfast on the go and in lunchboxes
You can use any flavouring/filling that you like, from mozarella or chicken to chill flakes and herbs, whatever you have hanging around that you'd consider adding to an ordinary omelette.
You can also easily half or double this recipe so you just do the number you want, if you don't want any leftovers.