Let's take a look at the health benefits of a little used seed, hemp seeds.
I've started to add these to some of my smoothies but you can sprinkle on salads and cereals or make your own milk from them.
Hemp seeds are high in Omega-3 and Omega -6, protein, vitamins A, B, D & E, sodium, calcium, iron and fibre.
As a result, here's 6 good reasons to give them a go:
1. Heart health – can lower cholesterol & blood pressure
2. Brain health – can help prevent Parkinson's & Alzheimer's and improve memory (so hoping this works!!)
3. Helps digestion – high in soluble fibre so great to ease constipation/bloating
4. Aids weight loss – the seeds make you feel fuller for longer
5. Reduces risk of prostate, colon and breast cancers
6. Helps diabetics – stabilises blood sugar levels
What's not to like?! Are you using them?